Topband: 160m condx 2006-jan-02 (UTC)

Brian Moran brianmo at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 12:05:02 EST 2006

Report from near Seattle, Washington --

Last night, signals from the EU were favoring a 60'
inverted "L" running up the side of a fir tree. Too
much noise (s7 to s8 roar) on the 135' balloon wire,
and no copy on the northerly or easterly unterminated
beverage.  RA4LW was very loud between 0220 and 0240,
but I didn't have the transmit antenna in the air.
Underneath K3N was a station calling CQ, couldn't
quite get the call, but sounded like it was EU.

We have had a bunch of rain (at least .7" each day for
the past 6) so perhaps I need to go check if there's
vegetation touching the beverages.

Brian N9ADG