Topband: Building a practical vertical from Al tubing

Brad Rehm brehm at ptitest.com
Thu Jan 5 14:06:49 EST 2006

""I used 440 lb baler twice (1/2 cent per foot) so I could put in as much
guying as I wanted for practically no cost.""

"...how to attach the guys to the vertical."

73, Roger

I also used baling twine--2200 ft. for about $18.  It's fastened at various
levels using the guy rings that are sold for TV masts.  The rings are
supported by hose clamps, and the guys are protected from chafing by small
thimbles that fit through the holes in the guy rings.

73,
Brad, KV5V