Topband: Bailing twine and guy stuff like that

Richard (Rick) Karlquist (N6RK) richard at karlquist.com
Mon Jan 9 01:14:37 EST 2006

> I'd really be a little reluctant to use materials not known
> to survive a long time in UV exposure. I'm pretty sure they
> do not put UV inhibitors in bailing twine. I'm certain they
> don't put it in the stuff around here.
>
> 73 Tom

The baler twine around here is definitely UV stabilized, according
to the manufacturers, hence the orange color.  Bridon's web
site also shows photodegradable baler twine that is designed
to fall apart.  Baler twine does far better than oridinary plastic rope
exposed to the sun, although it doesn't last forever.

Rick N6RK