Topband: RM 11305/11306

Jack/AE7DX vhfplus at bmg50.com
Wed Jan 11 09:35:13 EST 2006

Tom Rauch wrote:

>>From 26.5 to 28MHz you can hear full deregulation at work.

Actually, you might extend that to 28.150MHz...I've heard 'em well into
the 10-meter CW band.

> We better get the FCC to do
>something sensible, or none of will be enjoying 160 when the
>no-code hits.

I've been in broadcasting for the better part of 37 years and the
concept of the FCC doing anything sensible, particularly since broadcast
deregulation, is unlikely. Just look at the approach they have taken
with digital TV. I hold little hope for any rational help from the Commish!

73,

Jack, AE7DX