Topband: Beacon

Valentin Ghita yo2ldc at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 05:36:38 EST 2006

Hi topbanders,

As you've noticed for some time in 1810.5 KHz the
YR2TOP beacon is working. Details about it can be
found on www.qrz.com/yr2top. This beacon was built
only to study the intercontinental propagation. Lately
I've noticed on the cluster but especially on my
e-mail negative signs regarding this beacon. Yesterday
I received a recommendation from OZ8ABE who told me
the following address:
http://www.uba.be/hf/com/dxnews_beaconsbelow14.html
I've read what was written there but I don't want to
make any comments about this now. I don't understand
how in an almost 200 KHz band (recently, even in YO
the band was spread to 2 MHz) there isn't room for a
beacon useful to the propagation. Through this message
I want you give your opinion regarding the usefulness
of this beacon. The beacon is still being experimental
but in a very short time I have to pay to IGC (the
equivalent of FCC in US) the utilization fee for 5
years. That's why your opinion means so much to me.

73 ! Vali-Yo2ldc

P.S.  Direct comments to me at yo2ldc at yahoo.com
and not to the reflector.