Topband: Beacon

on4ww on4ww at pandora.be
Thu Jan 12 10:56:03 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Valentin Ghita (by way of Bill Tippett<btippett at alum.mit.edu>)" > Hi
topbanders,
> I've noticed on the cluster but especially on my
> e-mail negative signs regarding this beacon.

The negative comments surely are related to the recent good EU-JA openings.
Two nights ago, I swept 1810-1825kHz three times up and down, before I
finally found
a clear spot to call cq.
YR2TOP was occupying almost 1kHZ out of 25 during these good openings.

> I don't understand
> how in an almost 200 KHz band (recently, even in YO
> the band was spread to 2 MHz) there isn't room for a
> beacon useful to the propagation.

Not knowing the bandplan beyond 1875kHZ, I cautiously suggest to move the
beacon way up the band.
I too fancy beacons, it would be great to have something ala NCDXF beacons
on topband!

Mark - on4ww.