Topband: Fw: ABOUT INV L ANTENNAS ON 160

Ed Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Mon Jan 16 20:02:24 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: <ik0yvv at libero.it>
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: Topband: ABOUT INV L ANTENNAS ON 160

> I'm having a big trouble with the antenna i was going to raise:the
carbonium fiber pole collapsed!I have to move the whole antenna into another
field where i have not room for the orizontal inv L,so i have to made a T
design with the 2 wires sloping about 30°( a tipical umbrella design).... i
know that in this confirguration the 2 wire must be longer then on tipical
inv L configuration....have you any idea of how long have tey to be?
> Thanks in advance.
> 73s and ciao de:
> IK0YVV
> Marco

Good Evening Gentlemen,

Per the above message sent to me from Marco (IK0YVV) to-day, I wonder if
anyone reading this, who has had some "...real-world" experience with "T"
antennas on the band, might please get back to him with some tricks of the
trade in this regard...?

I personally came *this* close to erecting a "T" myself this year --- for
the first time --- but my re-loacated "L" has worked out so well for me that
I stopped just short.of the wire-stringing phase. If you wouldn't minding
helping yet another enthusiastic DX station get in on Topband, please feel
free to get back to him directly at ik0yvv at libero.it

Many thanks...!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ