Topband: Conditions this morning on Topband

jhsimon jhsimon at comcast.net
Thu Jan 19 22:22:48 EST 2006

This morning had some interesting propagation to Asia (from here in Washington). There was not a single JA signal to be heard, and I was about to give up on the band for the morning, when suddenly on my half sloper XU7ACY popped out of the noise about 10 minutes after sunrise, and then YB5QZ appeared with an excellent signal. Two new ones and my 40th zone (z. 26) in one morning, so it was good fun.

Signals from EU are weak tonight, but maybe things will improve later.

Jim  W1YY