Topband: Height of a Pennant?

Eric Rosenberg wd3q at starpower.net
Sun Jan 22 21:55:58 EST 2006

Jeff --

I finally got the first pennant (firing NE) up in my city lot.

I had to change the configuration from vertical feed to nose (point)
feed, and because the masts are farther apart than I'd like them to be,
the vertical section is 'only' 3 feet above the ground.  To get it
higher would mean taller masts at each end, which would force me to add
guys to the mast that is attached to my neighbor's fence.  Not going to
happen in this lifetime.

Am curious to know how much of an impact the reduced height will
cause.   Considering that I'm using my inv-L for the RX antenna, I
suspect anything will be better!

Thoughts, comments?

73,
Eric W3DQ