Topband: New rules? (Was CQ 160 WW)

bob finger finger at goeaston.net
Tue Jan 31 20:34:09 EST 2006

Ford Peterson wrote:

>  Makes one wonder if there is a fix to all of this.

There is.  Leave the rules as they are, improve our stations and get on
and have fun.  It only happens one weekend a year.  Me, I will slug it
out my way, enjoy the challenge and do the best I can  with what I
have.  My thing is to dig em out.  I almost never call cq on cw.  Ain't
my thing.  I won't "win" that way, but I always win at my own game.  If
we all find our niche we can all have fun and maybe even work a new one
or three in the process.  If everyone felt the way I do, we would never
make any contacts tho.  Many get a kick out of running thank goodness or
I would never transmit.  73 bob de w9ge