Topband: Beverage versus K9AY

Raoul Coetzee raoulc at smmcape.co.za
Thu Jul 27 03:55:01 EDT 2006

> -- at least with my installations, which have been 2
t>o 4 feet above ground. At low height, remember that the optimum
termination
>resistor will probably be between 270 and 390 ohms, not the "typical" 500
>ohms.

I hope Bill allow this deviation from this thread:I know that the
resistor(s) for a Beverage are suppose to be non-inductive but they are hard
to find here in South Africa and seems a lot of trouble to import.
My question:If the value needed is made up using quite a few ordinary
resistors in parallel,surely the inductance will not be all that serious? I
know it will have some negative effect but will it really matter in real
life on 160m?
Thanks,
Raoul ZS1REC