Topband: Topband general

robert briggs vk3zl at bigpond.com
Mon Jun 19 07:06:15 EDT 2006

Conditions have been very mediocre recently and I am only making the
occasional contact each evening down here.I have managed three good
solid exchanges with Louis HP3XUG but having trouble connecting with
Doug ZP6CW at present.I need Doug for a new one.
Signals from USA generally around the S5 mark with occasional peaks from
day to day.I guess summer noise is a problem there.
The band is exhibiting very pronounced rapid QSB on most DX signals.This
effect was also most noticeable during the low end of the last cycle.I
wonder if anyone else has noted this.I am not hearing any signals from
Europe before my sunrise.
I still monitor the band from my sunset until sunrise West coast USA
every night and look forward to hearing from you all.
Good Dxing....Bob VK3ZL..