Topband: Topband QSLs

ersmar at comcast.net ersmar at comcast.net
Sat Jun 24 20:31:50 EDT 2006

Gents:

     This weekend I've been going over my Topband QSLs for the purpose of
determining progress toward my WAS award.  I've known that I need KL7 worked
and confirmed, plus I need QSLs from three other states.

    What I did not know until I reviewed the ARRL's Rules today was that
these QSLs must all say 2x[mode] for me to qualify for a <specialty award>
for 160M.  The specific ARRL Rule says:

Confirmations must show your call and indicate that two-way communications
was established. Applications for specialty Awards or endorsements must
submit confirmations that clearly confirm two-way contact on the specialty
mode/band.

     Some of my in-hand QSLs don't specifically state 2xCW (my goal) so I'm
going to have to request another QSL from these folks.  I checked DXCC
Rules, and they are not as specific in requiring an explicit statement of a
2-way QSO.

     REQUEST:  When we in the US send out QSLs for Topband QSOs, could we
make sure that they all say 2x[mode], either preprinted or hand-written?  It
will help other Hams, domestic and DX, obtain the needed verification for
WAS.

     Thanks a bunch.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F