Topband: QST Jun 06 RX Loop

Jim Kearman jkearman at att.net
Mon May 15 08:46:01 EDT 2006

From: "Ford Peterson" <ford at cmgate.com>

> I too was taken aback by the author's fantastic claims of 38dB nulls.  Wow!  Can
> this be true?

I used to live on a hilltop that was line of sight to a 1080-kHz BC station a few miles away. I had a large tiltable-rotatable unshielded tunable wire loop that could null it >30 dB. _BUT_ this was a groundwave signal of non-varying polarization. I suspect it's a small loop's ability to null by polarization that accounts for its better s/n performance, and not the 'shield.'

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://kr1s.kearman.com/