Topband: Short Radials & New Antenna: SUBSCRIPT

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Wed Nov 1 07:10:18 EST 2006

Good Morning All,

Last night was an absolute bust here as far as conditions to Europe were concerned...however, this morning told a different tale to the Pacific --- and my new 3-element triangular phased inverted "L" array received its baptism under fire...

I started calling E51QMA in the pile-up bedlam at 1029 UTC, & was rewarded with a QSO just a scant one minute later! There must have been some sort of "spotlight" propagation happening at the time, because VE3QAA was the very next station to contact him...

Spotlight or not, I give full credit to the new antenna here. At the time of the QSO, I was lagging the two forward elements --- the north "L", & the south one --- by 135-degrees, maximizing directivity to the west.

Notch up a new one for me. I can see that this could be the start of a beautiful friendship...!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ