Topband: short beverages
jimjarvis at verizon.net
Fri Nov 3 12:00:44 EST 2006
Many thanks for replies, all.
If you're curious, here's how it distilled down:
* Lots of experience with 250'-300' beverages.
none in the 130-250' range.
* Some observed shorter beverages were better lower...
* N2TK has done exhaustive work with pennants, ewes, AY loops
and 300' beverages. Observes that vactrol tuning for loops
is important to improving s/nr.
* Try a NE/SW beverage, BOG, along the back property line for 250'
organize a 2 wire version, if possible, with switching.
* Try a single rotatable AY loop, a la W2UP, with vactrol tuning
to optimize s/n.
* Research pennants and see what might fit on the property.
Now, to sort out the tx side of this problem. THERE, I mostly
know the answers, I just have to settle on one approach, and
do the work. Ground system first. Ell or Tee to follow.
More information about the Topband