Topband: Radial length

Telegrapher9 at aol.com Telegrapher9 at aol.com
Thu Nov 30 10:29:06 EST 2006

Peter,

one long radial running under the horizontal section appears to be quite
beneficial, at least in simulation. The other radials should be as about long as
the vertical section is tall. The question seems to be "what is the best
performance given 500 feet of wire?" Your long and short plan sounds good to me. The
lengths can be random - you do not have to cut them to a specific length if
they are lying on the ground.

I will run a simulation and get back to you today on what looks the best
given 500 feet of wire.

    Dave WX7G