Topband: Vertical Antenna for Top Band

AD5VJ Bob rtnmi at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 8 19:29:18 EDT 2006

Hello everyone:

Not long ago you guys helped me greatly by getting me on Top Band:

Telling me how to make an adapter in order to short out the feedline coax in the shack leading to my Double Bazooka and taking it to
the "wire" input on my MFJ-949B tuner here in the communications center at home. Thereby making a T Vertical.

Works great, I now have:

New Zealand, Scotland, Poland, Honduras, Mexico, Virgin Is, Cuba, Puerto Rico and others and others to come. Plus many many states.

This is wonderful, thank you all.

Now I also have been working on receiving loops in the meantime, have not finished it yet but started at least.

Now the question I have is can I do the same thing I did with the Double Bazooka with my GAPTitan Vertical or would I damage
something in the vertical transmitting into it.

It is not a wire antenna and since it as associated parts (coils, caps, ect) built into it, I want to ask this before transmitting
with it.

I shorted it out and receive a lot less noise, but am reluctant to transmit 200W into it before asking.

  73 fer nw,
Bob AD5VJ(AAR6VM)
http://www.ad5vj.com/

Member: CTDXCC, NTCC