Topband: DX Eng. Reversable Beverages

Phil Clements philc at texascellnet.com
Sat Oct 21 20:05:28 EDT 2006

Gary,
Did you have the #26 awg jumpers installed in series with each end of the
ladder line as suggested in the manual? I have not bothered to put those on
mine yet, but your experience scares me. I need to add protection to all my
Beverages; just trying to find out what really works before going to a lot
of trouble and time. If those jumpers didn't save your transformers, I need
to try something else. Did the spark gaps on the PC boards burn up also?

I can see why DX Eng. would not sell you a transformer, as I think they are
proprietary top secret W8JI concoctions. At any rate, my two new DX Eng.
reversible Beverages are awesome; they run N/S and E/W and are 720 feet
long. I need to find out for sure how to protect my investment!

(((73)))
Phil Clements, K5PC