Topband: Coil wire oxodisation.

robert briggs vk3zl at bigpond.com
Sun Apr 8 20:46:31 EDT 2007

I have large quantities of semi hardened copper wire around 5/32 inch diameter which I wan't to use to make new inductors.This wire is heavily oxodised and so far I have not found a satisfactory product to remove the oxodisation.I have done the armstrong method using wet fine emery paper but that only gives a mediocre result.
I would like to find a solution to mix up say a gallon at a time whereby I could soak a hundred feet of this wire at a time to remove the oxodisation.
I make quantities of various inductors for local hams here but cost of new material these days makes it too expensive.It's a good feeling to use the material at hand wherever possible..
I guess there are plenty of brand names of products,however to find a similar product here I would need to know what the ingredients are.
Hope all are having a good Easter...

Bob VK3ZL.