Topband: End of the Season (Sigh!)

Lee K7TJR k7tjr at msn.com
Tue Apr 24 11:46:19 EDT 2007

      Same here in central Oregon Guys.  I took the last of my RX antennas down yesterday so we can plant potatoes to help feed the rest of the world. As I was removing the 8 element RX phased array I was thinking I could just put up a 4 square for summer tucked away in the transmitting antenna field for summer.
 It was a great year here as I reached the century mark a couple weeks ago in 2 short years. I too have been truly amazed at the dedication of operators like Remi FK8CP, Charles S9SS, and Jon DU9/N0NM  whom I worked just a few weeks ago for the first time. I began to see how bad his RX conditions were when I was CQing in the CQ-160 this year.
Jon came up right under me at S-9 and could not hear my 1500 watts through his noise. Lots of JA stations were trying to work him so I moved on to another frequency. It indeed was a stellar season for me and I look forward to seeing what next Fall will bring.
Thanks to all.  Lee K7TJR