Topband: End of the Season (Sigh!)

Raoul Coetzee raoulc at smmcape.co.za
Wed Apr 25 08:03:41 EDT 2007

I hate to admit it but conditions are very bad this time of the year for me
on 160m, lightning storms are increasing in Africa and even when there is a
quiet time, poor conditions prevail. BUT 160 have its moments and therefore
you will still find me evey morning about an hour before my SR on 1824.5
calling cq and scanning the band.
I do not have a lot to look forward to in building antennas, I simply do not
have space left.The loop antenna is nearly under the vertical, and as it is
the house,garage ,pool and
drive way areas are all competing for some real estate! My only option would
be a remote station or field trips!
Sorry about the stations that have to roll up their  antennas/groundplanes,
to the rest, treat yourself to some more static and maybe have a qso as
well!
73
Raoul, ZS1REC

Hope to work soon