Topband: K6SE/W5RTQ

JAMESAMS88 at aol.com JAMESAMS88 at aol.com
Mon Apr 30 11:03:26 EDT 2007

This really hurts, losing Earl one of the top band greats. He  was always
experimenting with new ideas. I still have one of those 3 foot  diameter loops in
use that Earl pioneered in the 1970's. Still works great. I made one from a
design that Earl sent me which I used to  null out the 1900 kc Loran enough so
I could hear the JAs and to work  them on 1910 KH. A shunt fed vertical I
built to Earls design was my best  ever topband antenna ever. Lots of pleasant
memories I have of 160 meters  back in the early 1970s that I have Earl W5RTQ to
thank for.  He will be  missed but I will never forget him.    W0NFL, Jim,
Ames,  Iowa.