Topband: Good Antenna For Little Back Yard

wa4fki wa4fki at nc.rr.com
Sat Aug 11 12:26:54 EDT 2007

Good Day Gentlemen,

Am returning to Top Band after 2 years. Last time I used a wrap around dipole but this time want to use something else.

Pretty much impressed with the Battle Creek special and the wire version "Trapper" as described in OK1RR's web site. I am happy with my receiving at this time, am using FLAG and a K9AY antenna with Top Band filter YU1LM and KD9SV pre-amplifier.

I am looking for comments about the Battle Creek special or the "Trapper" antennas. I know good ground radials are needed..

73's
Bill
WA4FKI