Topband: rigs for top band

Ian Wade g3nrw at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 09:34:12 EDT 2007

In message <20070818141655.GA66663 at kkn.net>, Tree <tree at kkn.net> writes

>The K3 is not based upon the K2 at all.  It is a totally different animal.
>It uses a first IF around 8 MHz and essentially your narrow crystal filter
>is your roofing filter.  After that - everything is done with DSP (there
>have been 21 versions of the DSP code in the beta testing phase so far).

Tree, when the radio goes into production, will users be able to
download and install further DSP updates, or will they be stuck with the
version they get when they buy the radio?

(In the back of my mind I am thinking of the PowerSDR DSP package, which
has gone through hundreds of updates since it first appeared, and it is
always possible to bring the radio right up to date at any time).

Ian, G3NRW