Topband: K7TJR Antenna

Lee K7TJR k7tjr at msn.com
Tue Dec 4 12:48:41 EST 2007

Sorry to hear of your antenna problems K9DX John. The Oregon 100 mph wind storm also took down my 90 foot top loaded vertical. It has been up for 3 years if I remember right in a 70 mph wind zone and has survived several other big winds. A weld (my own darn fault for smoothing it up) broke on a middle guy wire attachment bracket and the antenna ended up in 4 pieces on the ground. It looks like a few splices of the irrigation pipe and some extra welding and I hope to be back up in a few days.  Interesting also to note that 17 Ga. aluminum fence wire for Beverages will work harden after a few years and break for no good reason as well. My oldest rolls of wire need to be replaced after 6 or 8 years of use. Only lost one wire out of 6 during this storm though. I was very lucky that the contest was over before the worst winds came and did their foul deed.

 Lee K7TJR Oregon