Topband: Recent 160 Condx

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 20:38:06 EST 2007

This is only a personal perception but I do believe conditions on 160 are getting significantly better than previous years. I've been in Ohio for nine years now and the JA's are really getting strong in the morning. Yesterday, I heard the HL3 for the first time ever. He had a decent signal until about 1300Z.  Today, JA's were peaking  S-8 to S-9 at sunrise on the transmit vertical. The band got very quiet and the DX was better on the vertical than on the beverages.

  Haven't seen signals from Japan this good since I lived in South Dakota and Minnesota in the 80's and 90's.

  73m W0JX