Topband: Life Is Good...!

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Fri Dec 7 08:16:32 EST 2007

Wow...! It looks like the proverbial early bird sometimes really DOES get the worm!

Yesterday morning --- after filling the first coffee mug of the day --- I was elated to snag OX3XR before local sunrise here...and then deflated (but only just a little!) when a glance at my DXCC tally revealed that I had a QSO "...on the books" already with Greenland (sigh!).

Fast-forward to this morning, when --- after numerous calls & repeats of my callsign --- I worked OA4/N6XQ: my Top Band DXCC #113! (Many thanks to that operator for his patience through all his local QRN, too.) To top things off, I then managed to get Les, KL7J, on my first call, WELL after local sunrise here...joy!

Life is, indeed, good, Hi Hi.

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ