Topband: WD-1A

Bruce K1FZ at verizon.net
Mon Dec 10 10:27:49 EST 2007

Thank you all for the replies. All indicated that my is wire is not WD-1A.

This wire is strong, lightweight. Wire size is close to #24. and spaced
about 2MM.
I measured the VSWR with my MFJ-259B meter at one end, and a carbon pot at
the other end. Found minimum variation over a large frequency spread was
with the pot at 130 ohms as measured with an ohmmeter at the pot (with the
pot disconnected)

73
Bruce-K1FZ

  The WD-1A wire was totally
> copper colored and was not even slightly attracted to my magnet. It
reminds me of Beryllium copper. Anyone have knowledge of the actual wire