Topband: 400 Ft. RG6

Jeff Maass jmaass at k8nd.com
Fri Dec 14 19:47:29 EST 2007

I've always found that inserting a 20 dB (or so) attenuator in the TX antenna when
receiving to be a better way to match signal levels to the RX antennas. I've never found a
preamp necessary (although I have a few).

With the FT-1000MP family, this is very easy (using the "RX In" and "RX Out" jacks). How
we switch our RX antennas to our four stations at PJ2T, including the 20 dB attenuators,
is shown at
http://www.k8nd.com/Radio/Planning/CQWW160/PJ2T_RX_Ant_Distribution_Actual.jpg.

73,  Jeff  K8ND