Topband: noise canceller comparison

Niko Cimbur ac6dd at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 23:50:06 EST 2007

I was contemplating the NCC-1, but the price is just a bit much, so yesterday I purchased a second MFJ-1025 for my remote location.
Burghardt has them for $150, which would put the NCC-1 at over three times the 1025 price. The 1025 quality is a joke, but the unit works.  The first 1025 I also bought new, for $125 at the time. It is the only item I ever bought which was made by MFJ.  The cabinet had many paint issues,  which they just covered with a magic marker.  The pots feel low quality, but I still believe this unit is worth the $150 price. A few days ago I built a bandpass filter, put the 1025 unit after it, and I could not believe the difference it made.

Niko - AC6DD