Topband: RG6 Coax FEED for Beverage ??

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Feb 4 23:26:01 EST 2007

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 16:41:59 +0100, F5vjc wrote:

>I understand a good and economic feeder for a Beverage antenna is the
>"Direct burial Flooded coaxial cable" type RG6

The advantage to that particular cable is that it stands up particularly
well to the elements (and small rodents). Other than that, there's nothing
special about it -- any decent coax with good mechanical properties will
work just fine. 50 ohm cable will work too, although you may need another
turn or two on the high Z side of the transformer. Remember that loss in
that cable is really not an issue.

Jim Brown K9YC