Topband: Wonderpole

Missouri Guy, N0TT n0tt1 at juno.com
Sat Feb 10 12:54:52 EST 2007

> 2.  What are the current international length restrictions
> for checked baggage?  I see ski bags go up to 2m but will the
> airlines accept 2.5m?

Bill,

I can't answer your second question, but I'll say this from
my experience with a hard-sided plastic golf case weighing
in at the maximum allowed weight of 70 lbs.  "Sporting" equipment
can normally be checked as baggage with no extra costs.
If it LOOKS like a golf case it "contains" golfing equipment.  :)

With the airlines it becomes an issue of whether the baggage
will fit in their baggage handling apparatus.  Each airline seems
to have its own rules in that regard.

There might be other sporting equipment cases that are
"acceptable".  Ski containers might be.  Surfboard bags?

> 3.  Is there a better solution (i.e. retracted length of 2m)?

Other than the Jackite brand of FG poles, I don't know of
any.  They collapse to just 46" but their max height is around
31' at the present time.  I have a few of those and they work
great for verticals with elevated radials.

73,
Charlie
N0TT