Topband: QSLing

George (K8GG) & Marijke Guerin gmguerin at voyager.net
Thu Feb 15 12:46:06 EST 2007

Jim Hoge wrote:

Subject: Re: Topband: QSLing

> Wes,
>
>  I have had better qsl success on topband than other bands or modes. There
> are exceptions. I have finally received the needed cards after a campaign
> of emails to the unresponsive stations, fellow clubmembers, or someone who
> knows someone. It was a case of the sqeaky wheel. Keep working them and
> keep at it. You'll have the cards in time, at least that's what I tell
> myself as I camp out, waiting for the mailman.

Remember when it was an SASE, two cereal boxtops, a small ammount of  money,
and six to eight weeks? I'm still waiting for that floatplane model from
Rice Crispies after all these years......

>  gl,
>  Jim W5QM

Just remember, if you can't spell Rice Krispies with a "K" you may not
deserve the float plane model.

Seriously, I have been very lucky and had almost every QSL request with an
SAE and adaquate postage or an SASE was returned with the QSL card for 160
WAS and DXCC awards.  Reminding the party on the other end by e-mail that
you needed their QSL helped me get a few of the toughest cards.  I still
kick myself every month for not QSLing TT8JFC quickly, as I now think I will
never get a card for that 160 meter contact.

73        George    K8GG