Topband: Sherwood data...Recovery time???

HFDXJUNKIE at aol.com HFDXJUNKIE at aol.com
Fri Feb 16 11:22:37 EST 2007

Hello All, I am not really a purist and use I what gets me by..I am on a
small lot 100ftx100ft. I use a Mark V with no filters at all into an inverted V
with the apex at 55 ft, scary huh? Well anyway, not being an electrical
engineer, I notice the recovery time I guess you would call it in simplex pile  ups
after I call, and begin to receive..it seems like the receiver is deaf for a
fraction of a second and do not hear the station coming back to me, than the
second request I hear perfectly. Is this because of the AGC function Tom has
just mentioned? Any radio settings to avoid this? I have noticed this on all
bands, someone even made a comment about me calling DX on 40 but not hearing
them which was not true, I did work DX0JP Spratly on 40 CW.  Anyway, what  is
true is this problem I just mentioned, am I crazy? Just my radio this happens
 to? Not sure what to make of it, but it still doesn't keep me from really
working anyone, just slows things down a bit I guess, and would like to know
any  fixes or settings.

                                             73 Pete NA2P