Topband: Active Receiving Whip antenna question

R. David Eagle kb8nnu at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 01:14:33 EST 2007

hello all...I was wondering if anyone has experimented with the active receiving whip antenna design posted on the kongsfjord website.  The article and design is:
http://www.kongsfjord.no/dl/Antennas/Complementary%20Push-Pull%20Output%20Active%20Whip%20And%20Dipole%20Antennas%20III.pdf

I am interested in trying one of these, but I know that the 2N5160's are hard to find and when one finds them, they aren't cheap.  So I was hoping that maybe someone has used a suitable replacement for them and would like to share the info.

Any info would greatly be appreciated....

Dave
KB8NNU