Topband: Need advice

Juhan Põldvere juhan at chem.ut.ee
Sat Jan 6 18:56:13 EST 2007

Hej Ben,

It probably will, but neither you nor anybody else will ever
know. If you put the new wire up and find it much worse than
8 yrs ago, it does not mean a thing. If you then pull all
the old wire out and the beverage excels next night, it does
not mean a thing. If you put the new wire up and it works
great, and if you still pick up all of the old wire and the
ant sounds like dummy load the night after, it still does
not mean a thing.

This last december ES5MG told our "JA" beverage at ES6Q was
down. I used it during the night and found it was mediocre
at best, so I went to check it out the next morning. It was
intact!  Then Guido showed me an end of wire sticking out of
snow (which we then had). Turned out to be our old JA
beverage which we thought was lost 10 years ago when the
wood was cut down. I coiled up 120m of it. We have always
found the antenna very useful, as was the old antenna.
--
Juhan ES5QX

SM6CKU: