Topband: 160 notes.

robert briggs vk3zl at bigpond.com
Sun Jan 7 18:11:00 EST 2007

I have not been able to get on air a lot due to other
commitments.However I have tried to keep an ear on dx whenever possible
and note a good bit of activity.
Notable is  excellent signals from 9M6NA and JD1BME with plenty of
stations calling them.I had a run of EU stations on the 3/01/07 and
again this morning with about a dozen contacts,a mixed bag from G3
OH,OZ1 DL,YB1 S52,OK2,UX etc and all EU signals have been 56/579 quite
good.I haven't had the opportunity to be on every morning for EU but I
will try as often as I can through to April if the DX season stays good.
I notice that most of my EU DX is best using the 90 foot inverted V near
sunrise rather than the little vertical.The few times I have been
available the band has been open with good signals to well after my sunrise.
Conditions back to the US are probably ok but we have had very bad
summer qrn and I have been either absent or too tired to stay up late to
catch much DX.Daylight saving messes things up also.
I look forward to getting back to a normal DX routine to the US etc as
soon as the bushfire crisis eases in VK3.Good Dxing to you all.
73...Bob VK3ZL..