Topband: 1.810 BCB interference

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Mon Jan 8 12:46:57 EST 2007

>3.) Is NOT being broadcast with the same antenna pattern.
>(The array at the broadcast station will not have even close
>to the same pattern on 1.81 MHz as it has in the AM BC
>band.)

Being new to top band from this area, but interested in the 1810 signal
I also have a signal on 1810,  figured I was way to distant for it to be
the same signal as the CA guys are hearing,  but perhaps not.  This
morning it was stranger than normal but due to local thunderstorms
with 30 over QRN crashes I could not copy the audio.
    By the way the station that moved from this QTH is going to co-locate
with another station in Oahu, can gurantee some mixing products from
this set up, the engineers doing the work can barely get by using wire
nuts with instructions,  I mentioned mixing products and they were in
a daze.
Certainly interested if it gets resolved if the one I hear is also the same.
On another note,  yesterday over 2 hours after my sunrise I was hearing
9M6 and JD1 here,  of course did not work them with 100W.  But
quite surprised,  dont remember hearing anything that many hours
after sunrise back on the mainland.
73 Merv K9FD/KH6