Topband: MFJ 1025

Jim Baremore K5QQ at mchsi.com
Mon Jan 8 15:19:04 EST 2007

-----Original Message from W2PM-----

...The preamp on the 1026 btw is NOT useful for this purpose as
it's hard wired to the internal whip on that model....

Page 8 of the manual shows how to connect the jumpers so an external antenna
is amplified.  The wording was a little confusing at first but the schematic
on page 15 made it clear.

Also

Per Rons', N9AUI, query, I use a MFJ 1026 with a 40 meter loop in my attic
as the sense antenna. It works great.  A mobile whip I had outside did not
pick up enough of the noise signal to make it very effective.

73's

Jim  K5QQ