Topband: Best Height Above Ground for a Beverage RX Antenna

Peter Koehler KJ7WY at arrl.net
Thu Jan 11 22:40:40 EST 2007

New to beverage antennas, I've been reading your posts with interest. It
seems all agree that lower is better. My problem is that I have to have
a 10-12 ft high beverage (people and Elk). I was wondering if anyone has
tried to put a grounded wire 2-3 ft below their entire beverage. As Milt
did over his arroyo runs. Would this change the apparent height above
ground?  If so how did it play? I'll give it a try when the weather
warms a bit. Also what does YMMV stand for?

73 Pete KJ7WY