Topband: 160m Jammer

Nagi nagi at nmt.ne.jp
Fri Jan 19 08:32:28 EST 2007

Hi Topbanders,
I would like to report about the situation now in Japan.
It is not too much to say that there is no 160m Band here in Japan.
We are never able to operate on this band owing to the strong jamming
all the time.

Last Saturday was the best open to North America in the season.
It began from K1ZM at 1204z, I worked 43 stations from the east coast
to the middle
just about for an hour finishing with VE3DO at 1312z.
I expected the same condition the following Sunday but in vain by the jammer.
So far, it would stop before the sunrise on east coast but this time
it keeps remaining without any breaking off through a week.

It seems that some stations in northern part of Japan happen to operate
under this situation but almost all  the Japanese stations remain in such
a situation like no QSO with any DX.

The signal strength of jammer is S9 plus 20dB at my TX vertical antenna.
S9 at my 800 feet beverage for W, S9 plus 10dB at 750 feet beverage for EU
and S9 plus 5dB at 800 feet beverage for AF.
I was living in the very quiet neighborhood at the summit of the hill,
so the noise floor is S0.

I supose that BX0ZR which an old friend of mine, George, W8UVZ and Randy, W9ZR
are being and Ken's JT1ZW must be flustrated under this situation.

According to JA7AO's 160m BBS, many of Japanese topbanders report about
this condition to the observatory of Japanese MTT and claim to stop the jammer
to the nations concerned.
Also JARL seemed to request to research about the situation in November
to CSRA (China Radio Association) but has not got any response.

I was interfered by this jammer and lost the precious DX season last winter.
I would like to resume DX as soon as possible right after stopping
this evil jammer.

73,  Aki  JA5DQH / KH7A