Topband: Radar

k4zw at adelphia.net k4zw at adelphia.net
Sun Jan 21 16:40:52 EST 2007

> Must be a good opening to JA / BY / JT or ?? this
> morning, the diesel engine is very loud here 1600Z.
> Finding a "clear" spot up the band over 1900khz
> and comparing meter readings its about a an
> S unit at least over the noise.

  Interesting as I could hear a bunch of people calling but signals on this end were much weaker than in previous days.  While this isn't the 80 meter reflector, it was interesting to note that an opening (80 meters)  to the East Coast of the US on the 20th, circa 23:00 GMT, had signals arriving over the pole. Maybe my memory is slipping but I don't ever recall that from my home QTH.  Typically the path is via the Southeast.  Just another reminder to cycle through the beverages once and awhile.

73
Ken K4ZW