Topband: 160 TVI cured

Rick D n6pe at pacbell.net
Sun Jan 28 13:14:06 EST 2007

I have DirecTV and last week my old VCR died. I took it out and used the S-Video cable on the satellite box. During the contest 100 watts made the TV unwatchable and I couldn't hear anyone over the screaming XYL. With the amp on, the TV picture looked like a blinding snow storm.

Removing the s-video cable and just running the yellow, red, white video.audio to the TV cured the problem COMPLETELY, even with the amp toasting the ceiling.

I haven't checked the cable to see if it has a bad shield or needs a choke, but the extra picture quality is of no significance to me hahaha

Rick Darwicki  -= N6PE =-
17775 Elmhurst Circle
Yorba Linda, CA 92886

http://www.stores.ebay.com/n6peradiotubes