Topband: Key Klix

Chuck Chandler charles_chandler at comcast.net
Sun Jan 28 19:56:40 EST 2007

Well, FWIW, I heard a lot of clix in the contest.  I was running an Orion
with 1kHz roofing filter and the DSP filter cranked down to 200 Hz.  Lots of
times I could hear clix way before the audio tone came into the passband and
after it left as I was tuning.

It was not the worst problem - the worst problem was trying to hear DX under
+40 dB domestic stations.  The clix were just an annoyance mostly.  Stil,
I'd like to see them go away.  I've got my Orion set for 10 msec rise/fall
(which should actually result in 5, according to the TT reflector) and it
seems to work well.

It was a fun time Saturday night and Sunday morning - ten new ones on Top
Band, giving me 56 so far.

Chuck
73 de Chuck, WS1L
charles_chandler at comcast.net