Topband: PJ4/KU8E

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 31 15:22:36 EST 2007

   John, K4BAI, and myself will be returning to Bonaire for the ARRL DX CW contest. John will
 be SOAB using PJ4A.  I will be doing SO 160 Single Band using PJ4/KU8E. I will also do some
 operating during the day on some of the other bands giving out contacts.  We will arrive on Feb 13th
 and I will be on 160 starting the night of the 14th. Hopefully the Condx will be good as last year when
 worked over 300 + stations from EU during the time we were there.

  The location is very good on top  of one of the highest hills on the island. I am also going to try to put some RCV antenna up to hear better. Currently there is a beverage about 350 ft long towards the USA.  Any suggestions on what to do for a RCV antenna would be welcome.  The ground is very poor consisting of rocks and scrubs. PJ2T has tried a RCV four square and K9AY loops from Curacao, which is very much the same ground as Bonaire with not much luck.

  I would also like to make an effort to work JA this year. I talked to K8ND who operated PJ2T this past weekend and they worked a couple in CQ160 CW. My antenna will be an Inverted L with about 80 ft of it vertical and the rest sloping down.

73, Jeff  KU8E