Topband: Feeding a Cell Tower for 160?

Paul Baldock pbaldock at verizon.net
Wed Jan 31 19:25:52 EST 2007

At 02:49 PM 1/31/2007, Tree wrote:
>I have never heard of a grounded tower being loaded as a vertical that
>approaches 1/2 wavelength electrical height really working well (please
>correct me if you feel yours is - getting ready for the flood of e-mail).

Its difficult to know what "working well" is, with nothing to compare
it to. You certainly beat me out when we're calling at the same time.
But I did manage to work close to 100 countries last season -
Unfortunately nothing like that this season. I think being a bit
further North (here on Camano Island) than you doesn't help.

EZNEC shows the main lobe at about 23 degrees elevation, but I'm not
sure that can really be relied on.

- Paul