Topband: guy line breaking ...

VE2RYY ve2ryy at globetrotter.net
Wed Mar 14 17:09:36 EST 2007

Hello
I am planning putting a 130ft guyed tower for 160 meter...
The vertical will be about 250 ft away from another tower. In the second tower I have two yagis for 20 Meter and one for 40 Meter....There will not be any antennas in the new 130ft guyed tower...
My question is.....should I break the guyed lines every 27 ft or so, or  break each line so there won't any resonant lenghts  on 160 meter ....
With the second alternative I need two or three insulators in each guyed line.
But with the second one, I need many insulators beause each line is broken at every 27 ft or so...
I would appreciate comment or any input ..
Thanks in advance
NOEL