Topband: Another stellar JA opening on 160 Meters!!

Michael Rudzki n8mr at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 10:26:15 EST 2007

Hi Ed,

After five years of chasing, there are two JAs in my log - JR7VHZ and
JA7NI - as of this morning! Both were peaking 599 at times, with QRN
and heavy QSB. I now have DXCC entity #105 worked and worked all
continents with 100 watts.

Just last week, I had taken down my loop antenna setup, but left the
loop itself on the ground, resting against the house, coax connected.
Even though it was not on its ten-foot perch, that loop helped my
hear those stations.

During the last big JA opening, and the subsequent discussion on the
Topband reflector on the "27-Day Rotation" theory, I highlighted on
my desk calendar the week that followed by 25 days - this week. I
wanted to give that theory a try. As luck would have it, it worked!

This band never ceases to amaze me.

73,
Mike, N8MR
http://www.geocities.com/semichamsat/topband.html