Topband: WAJA 160

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Fri Mar 30 08:23:42 EST 2007

Hi Tom,

>>         Congratulations Tom-san!  I have no
>>reason to doubt your claim, but until it is verified by
>>JARL, it is simply that...an unverified claim.

W8JI:
>It really doesn't bother me one way or another Bill. I know what
>I've worked, and I know what I can work. The fun is always in
>working it for me.
>I don't like the paperwork part of this hobby and never have.

         I feel verification is important no matter what the
issue is (technical, operating/contest achievements, etc).
If I truly didn't care about verification, I would simply post my
contest score and not bother submitting my log for cross-
checking and verification by the sponsor.  Verify technical
issues...verify contest scores...but not verify claimed award
achievements?  Seems a little inconsistent to me.

                         73,  Bill  W4ZV